As campus continues to safeguard our community from the COVID-19 pandemic, University Print & Mail Services is implementing some temporary procedures to mitigate potential risk. We are operating normally, though with reduced staff on campus, and continue to process orders and execute normal workflow. We have adjusted our hours slightly and will operate from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note the following adaptations, which will continue until further notice, and don’t hesitate to contact Print & Mail if we can be of assistance during this period. We’ve also included information from Financial & Business Services on incoming deliveries to campus.
Curbside service: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
Print & Mail is now offering curbside service for all of its functions. This includes print job pickups, Campus Mail, USPS mail and package sending and receiving.
- Pull up to the curb in front of the VRTUSB Building at 1795 E. South Campus Dr.
- For print jobs (you will have been notified your order is ready), call 801-581-6171
- To pick up any mail or packages (advance notice preferred), call 385-290-8878
- Give us your name, department, vehicle make and color
- Present a valid ID or UCard to our delivery representative so we can ensure secure distribution of your items
USPS and campus mail deliveries and pickups
We will continue to pick up USPS and campus mail, Monday through Friday, until further notice. If mail deliveries are attempted at a locked office, a memo will be left stating that delivery is suspended until a request for re-delivery is received. We are processing and sorting mail by location and department Monday through Friday with slight adjustments but are offering the following as alternatives:
Other options for mail pickup and delivery
- To pick up USPS mail, Campus Mail or any other deliveries (for locked offices or those wishing to suspend deliveries) follow the curbside directions above and we will be happy to assist you between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. If you are later than 1 p.m., or if you wish to come in as an alternative, you may visit the front desk from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 135 and receive your mail.
- For outgoing mail, Campus Mail and other shipments you wish to send, we continue to do daily pickups as part of the campus mail run until further notice. For offices that are closed, you may request a curbside drop-off (call 385-290-8878 upon arrival) or arrange a special pickup, according to your needs.
- To request a special delivery for mail, packages or print jobs, or to establish an ongoing plan for deliveries or pickups, please email Juan Sosa at email@example.com and include the relevant information, dates and times of your requested service.
- For any and all mail-related questions, concerns or directions, please contact Juan Sosa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated SendSuite FedEx pickup hours
- Our mail handlers will now pick up SendSuite FedEx packages between 11 a.m. and 12:20 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please check our website for specific drop off locations and their correlating pickup time.
- SendSuite FedEx packages may be dropped off at our front desk until 1 p.m., Monday through Friday. This is especially critical for packages containing dry ice in order to ensure the viability of the package.
Deliveries to campus
With many employees working from home, freight companies are facing challenges delivering packages. The information provided below is the current status; however, things are fluid and changing rapidly.
- As warehouses reach capacity, they may be keeping packages for shorter periods of time or make other policies.
- If your department has shipments on order with future delivery dates and your facility is not open for deliveries, you will need to contact the shipping company with the tracking number to redirect or make arrangements to pick the package up within the stated time period. Delivery tracking numbers are provided in a shipping confirmation email that some vendors send.
- For packages delivered to Print & Mail Services, we will attempt delivery with the campus mail drop. If the building is locked, we will reach out to the recipient via email to set-up a plan for that particular item.
- UPS will hold packages for closed businesses for nine days. On the 10th day, if the company is still closed, the package will be returned to the shipper.
- You may call UPS if you have the tracking number and redirect to another campus address that is open.
- If the shipper has a block on redirecting packages as some do for security reasons (cellphones, computers and high-value items) they will not be able to redirect.
FedEx will hold packages for 5-15 days for closed businesses. They ask that you call with your tracking number to redirect to another address on campus that is open. Some packages may not be redirected for security reasons.
U.S. Postal Service – Foothill Branch – 801-583-3629
- In order to accommodate businesses during this challenging time, the USPS has extended the hold period to 30 days before returning the items to the sender.
Thanks for your cooperation and understanding during this challenging time. As situations develop, we may need to adjust our hours, turn times, pick up/drop off timing and so on. We are diligently updating our emergency information page, and our customer service representatives are always available to answer questions and offer guidance.