As part of the HELIX construction project, installation work is set to begin on a sky bridge that will connect HELIX to the existing sky bridge between Moran Eye Center, Primary Children’s Hospital and the University of Utah Hospital.
The installation of the HELIX Sky Bridge will take place in two phases and will impact traffic on Mario Capecchi Drive during phase two. All construction work will take place after hours from 7 p.m.-5 a.m.
- Bridge steel erection will take place on the north side of Moran Eye Center starting May 9.
- All construction will be after hours from 7 p.m.-5 a.m.
- Pedestrians will be diverted around the bridge erection zone.
- Access to and from TRAX will remain open until 11 p.m.
- At the end of each shift, access to and from TRAX, Moran Eye Center and elevators and the existing sky bridge will return to normal.
Phase Two (will impact traffic on Mario Capecchi Drive)
Beginning May 21
Specific details to come