The 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available at fafsa.gov. Complete the FAFSA and your financial aid file by Feb. 1, 2020, the financial aid priority date. Students that meet the priority date will be considered for all aid options, including grants, need-based scholarships, and work-study.
Here are some helpful hints:
- Use school code 003675 on the FAFSA.
- Students can complete the FAFSA after the priority date and will still be considered for some aid options.
- Utilize the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) in the application. It will securely transfer your federal tax information from the IRS to the FAFSA.
- After submitting your FAFSA, frequently check your UMail account and financial aid status in Campus Information Services (CIS). The University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (UOSFA) may require additional information. Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Financial aid offers will be e-mailed to student UMail accounts, beginning in March for current students.
- Financial aid is available for the 2020 spring and summer semesters. Students will need to complete the 2019-20 FAFSA. The separate summer financial aid application will be available on the UOSFA website in March.
The University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is here to help you with the FAFSA and the financial aid process. Contact us if you have questions or need assistance.