On July 21, the Utah System of Higher Education released the names of the three finalists being considered for the president of the University of Utah. A 32-member search committee spent several months soliciting input through public meetings and in-person interviews. The three candidates will be on campus Aug. 4-5 for conversations with groups representing students, faculty, staff, trustees and administration. The finalists will be interviewed by the Utah Board of Higher Education on Thursday, Aug. 5. The board is expected to convene a public meeting that evening at Rice-Eccles Stadium to select a president.
All members of the campus community are invited to attend presentations by the candidates on Wednesday, Aug. 4 at the Marriott Library’s Gould Auditorium or watch online at utah.edu/live.
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. | Jayathi Y. Murthy
- 1:45-2:30 p.m. | Taylor R. Randall
- 3-3:45 p.m. | Carrie L. Byington
Three ways members of the community can provide feedback about the candidates
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit feedback anonymously by candidate:
- Submit written comments at the in-person presentations on Aug. 4
All feedback is due by midnight, Aug. 4, 2021.