Beginning Tuesday, September 15, 2020, main campus faculty and staff, including students who are also U employees, will be required to use Duo 2FA to log in to UMail and University of Utah Office 365 applications.
Included in the Duo 2FA requirement:
- UMail from any email application — e.g., Microsoft Outlook (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS) and Apple Mail
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Microsoft Power BI
- Other Office365 Suite applications listed on https://o365cloud.utah.edu/
Depending on your recent UMail use, you may or may not be prompted to authenticate with Duo 2FA when you log in to UMail and O365 applications. However, you will always be asked to use Duo 2FA to log in to Outlook Web Access (OWA).
The U’s Information Security Office (ISO) encourages the university community to review every Duo 2FA push notification for authenticity. If you did not request a Duo prompt, you should deny it. By denying unexpected Duo prompts, you protect your account and enable the ISO to investigate the incident.
If you have questions or need technical assistance, your local IT support staff may be able to assist, or you may contact your respective central help desk:
- Main campus UIT Help Desk: Call 801-581-4000, option 1
- University of Utah Health ITS Service Desk: Call 801-587-6000