When you work at home, many of the information security controls and procedures that the University of Utah has put in place to protect you aren’t available. However, you can take some simple steps to secure your home and reduce the risk of an attack succeeding.
Here are five ways to create a cybersecure workspace at home.
Learn more: Cybersecurity Awareness Month
This October, please consider taking a few moments to visit the Information Security Office’s CSAM website and check up on your cyber hygiene. Topics include:
- It’s a trap! Why so many phishing attacks succeed.
- Meet the computer forensics experts who investigate the U’s cybersecurity incidents
- What to do when an abuser uses technology against you
- 8 simple tips to improve your online safety and security
- Common scams — and how to spot them