Class of 2020,
We know this year’s commencement isn’t turning out as planned, but regardless of the circumstances, we want to celebrate you! Congratulations on this monumental achievement, you have worked hard and deserve a chance to celebrate.
As we all stay tuned for updates on commencement activities, departments throughout campus are doing their part to ease the disappointment felt by students and to find ways to commemorate this special occasion. Our friends at the Campus Store report that many students and parents are following through with their orders of regalia, diploma frames and all the things associated with a normal commencement experience—good for you students, don’t pass up this opportunity!
We at University Print & Mail want to help, too, and give the Class of 2020 something tangible to memorialize this honorable accomplishment, regardless of whether or not commencement ceremonies take place. Each year, we create beautiful custom graduation announcements and this year, we hope that grads and parents choose to send announcements.
A time-honored tradition, graduation announcements are an easy – and classy – way to include your far-away friends and family in your celebration, especially in times like these where travel is complicated and potentially unsafe.
And, it’s worth noting that this year’s commencement will be historic. Never before has the University of Utah postponed commencement ceremonies, even during the world wars or the Spanish flu pandemic. We have high hopes the show will go on but either way, we’d like to help you create a personalized souvenir, memorializing not only your great achievement but also marking this unique, strange and never-before-experienced time.
And finally, on a lighter note, we’re obliged to point out that announcements can serve as great a reminder to your loved ones to get those grad gifts in the mail.
Right now, we have a few different options to offer grads, including managing orders already placed.
- To place a new order, view our gallery of announcement designs and choose one that we’ll customize for you. Given the uncertainty of plans, we can print cards without ceremony-specific information.
- If you have placed an order with us already, you may request that we hold off on printing announcements until a new plan for commencement is determined. In that event, we will update our designs to reflect that new information. Or, we can move forward with your announcement design as-is.
- Our expedited print times can have your announcements ordered, printed and mailed to you within five business days. This can change with high volumes but because we print right here on campus, there are no shipping delays or transfer hold-ups.
- We can accept grad announcement orders any time, even months after commencement is set to take place. No need to rush, we’ll be ready when you are.
- If you purchased graduation announcements prior to March 18th, you are eligible for a full refund. To request a refund, please contact Jane Bushnell at email@example.com.
Congratulations, Class of 2020, you deserve it!