The Bennion Center is accepting applications for their Fall Alternative Breaks experiences. On Alternative Breaks, teams of students, along with faculty/staff partners, work alongside communities throughout the western United States on a variety of community-identified projects to address a variety of social and environmental justice topics. “Alt Breaks” collaborates with nonprofit organizations to promote lifelong activism through community engagement, education, dialogue and reflection.
This fall, they are offering six unique experiences on social and environmental issues.
- Fall Break experiences
- Identity & Environmental Exploration | San Rafael Swell, Utah (for first-generation college students only) | Oct. 11-15
- Housing Justice | Seattle | Oct. 9-16
- Immigration | San Diego | Oct. 9-16
- Urban Environmentalism | Portland, Oregon | Oct. 9-16
- Weekend experiences
- School-to-Prison Pipeline | Salt Lake City | Oct. 22-24
- Animal Advocacy & Rehabilitation | Kanab, Utah | Oct. 22-24
Click here to learn more and apply. Submit your application by Aug. 27.
Visit the Bennion Center’s website to discover additional ways to engage with your community.