The Alternative Breaks program is seeking passionate staff and faculty committed to student development and justice learning to join our Spring 2021 AB team as Staff/Faculty Partners! The spring team works together from late August 2021 to March 2022.
Partners work to support student leadership in facilitating a week-long justice- and travel-based community engagement experience over fall or spring break. If you’re interested in one-on-one mentorship, want to explore sharing stories on the individual and community levels, and are excited about joining students in the process of justice learning, working with Alternative Breaks could be a great personal and professional development opportunity for you!
- Benefits of staff/faculty participation:
- One-on-one mentorship experience
- Meet, network and connect with other University of Utah staff/faculty who are interested in student development
- Professional development opportunity and resume builder
- Recruiting tool for your program/center/college
- Free travel with students to a volunteer site outside of northern Utah
- Hands-on learning/volunteer experience around a complex social issue (except AB Lite)
- Ongoing training topics include:
- Social justice and diversity facilitation
- Quality components of an Alternative Break and active citizenship
- Crisis management and conflict mediation
Visit our website to learn more and apply for the position or contact Grace Hymel at email@example.com for more information.