With COVID-19 restrictions gradually lifting, more people are returning to campus each week. University Print & Mail Services has compiled some tips and resources to help prepare your workspaces and promote a healthy work environment for when your team returns.
Continual communication about safety protocols using signage is always a great idea to inform people about procedures in the workplace. To make things easier for you, we’ve partnered with University Marketing & Communications and University of Utah Health Office of Public Affairs & Marketing to create printable signs and templates for you to display around your workplace on campus or at U of U Health locations.
- Floor stickers
- Table tents
- Elevator wraps
- Door threshold stickers
How to order
Prepare your workspace for physical distancing
To limit the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, here are some ideas to help you keep a 6-foot or 10-foot distance between staff, students and faculty members.
Separate your spaces
- Move furniture to allow for a 6′ or 10′ separation radius
- Block-off chairs or desks and stagger your team’s workspaces
- Have alternating on-campus shifts, allowing employees to work from home part of the week, while others work at the office
- Post physical distancing signs to help remind people to keep a safe distance from others
A simple way to take accurate measurements
Print & Mail can help you take accurate measurements easily with pocket-sized tape measures. We can help you order 6′ or 10′ tape measures that are:
- Small enough to comfortably fit in your pocket or handbag
- Durable and reliable, showing the precise distance you need to space apart
- Able to be personalized with your department’s logo or name
They are great for employees to use around your department, especially when moving furniture and reconfiguring office spaces. Tape measures can also be useful for students as a reference tool to use in places without distinct physical distancing decals or directives.
How to order
Contact Roger King at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-581-3947. Please note, orders can take up to 5 weeks and there are typically order quantity minimums.
Wear face coverings
Cloth face masks
Because COVID-19 spreads through respiratory droplets and can survive on surfaces for days, wearing face coverings can help prevent droplets from escaping.
Single masks can be purchased from the University Campus Store. If you want a bulk order of cloth masks to give to your department, you can order customized face coverings through Print & Mail Services.
Please note, as you make your ordering decisions, the university is preparing to offer free face coverings to faculty and staff. Details on the distribution of face coverings is forthcoming in July.
How to order
Contact Roger King at email@example.com or 801-581-3947. Please note, orders can take up to 5 weeks and there are order quantity minimums.
You can also get plastic face shields at Print & Mail. Order as little as one or multiple units.
How to order
Maintain a clean workspace
Because people can get the virus by touching their eyes, nose and mouth after being in contact with a contaminated surface, sanitizing workspace surfaces regularly can help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Wipe down well-used surfaces like doorknobs and countertops multiple times a day with disinfecting wipes or sprays
- Practice good hygiene by washing your hands regularly
- Have hand sanitizer available at entrances and checkouts
- Keep hand sanitizer in your office or at your employees’ desks to help eliminate cross-contamination throughout your workspace
Where to get hand sanitizer
Finding large bottles, or individual-sized hand sanitizer in stores can be difficult. Did you know you can order some through Print & Mail? We can get large or small bottles branded with your department logo in as little as 5 weeks.
How to Order
To order, contact Roger King at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-581-3947. Please note there are order quantity minimums.
We at Print & Mail are here for you and hope these items help you maintain a safe workspace. If you have other COVID-19 safety item ideas you want to print, please contact us at 801-581-6171 or email@example.com to brainstorm, to speak to a designer, or for printing assistance.