Since 2009, this week of gratitude has been held nationwide to acknowledge the major contributions postdocs have made to U.S. research and innovation. In addition to various free virtual events happening around the country, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and Utah Postdoctoral Association (UPDA) are proud to host a variety of activities on the University of Utah campus and in Salt Lake City.
- Postdoc Resource Fair: Come meet some of the campus-wide units supporting postdocs. A photographer will be on-site for postdocs looking to update their professional head-shot photos.
- Career Panel for Social Science Postdocs: An online panel of speakers will discuss career paths for postdocs in the social sciences.
- NPAW Keynote Address — “The Power of Awareness: Mindfulness in Academia:” Dr. Chelom Leavitt will give a talk on improving postdoc mindfulness.
- Career Development Workshop — Interviewing Fundamentals: Dr. Francine Mahak will discuss essential interviewing skills for success on the job market.
- NPAW Postdoc Social: Join the UPDA for an opportunity to socialize with Utah postdocs at T.F. Brewing.
Those interested in attending any of these events can find more information here. If you know a postdoc or work with them, please thank them this week for the excellent work they contribute to the University of Utah!