Safe & Sound

What to do when an Injury or Illness happens on campus

Report all incidents immediately. There are three incident reports used by the university:

  • Report injuries and illnesses on the job with the First Report of Injury or E-1 form.
  • Workplace injuries warrant investigation. Do not disturb the incident site until the incident itself has been investigated.┬áIn some situations, tools, equipment, materials or other evidence that might pertain to the cause of such accident may not be removed or destroyed until authorized by the Labor Commission or one of its Compliance Officers. When in doubt contact OEHS 1-6590.
  • Report property damage and injuries or illnesses involving students or campus visitors using Campus Incident/Accident Report form.
  • Report near misses, chemical and biological spills and releases using OEHS incident report.