HR survey is out, take it
You still have time to take part in the biennial survey being conducted by University of Utah HR. The survey, closes April 20, 2018, look in your inbox for an email from Jeff Herring, director of Human Resources. The survey is intended to assess employee opinions regarding job satisfaction, staff benefits, and other related topics. It is important to hear from you.
These engagement surveys, conducted every two years, only work with a trusting relationship. All responses will be strictly anonymous, and the comments you may choose to leave will be coded to maintain anonymity, and specific comments will not be reported. Once collected, the data will be communicated to directors and leadership teams to help guide University policy.
This valuable information aids the University of Utah to continue its status as an employer of choice and a great place to work. Thank you for all you do to make the University of Utah an exceptional institution of higher education. You are a critical part of achieving the mission and vision of the U. Staff engagement and commitment are important components of our collective success.
NOTE: U Health employees should NOT take part in this survey. A separate survey, tailored to those employees will be distributed by the hospitals and clinics administration.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 801-585-0928.
Individual retirement planning sessions
Our retirement plan administrators offer free individual retirement planning sessions for University employees. Here is where you can meet with them in April:
Fidelity Investments – Go to netbenefits.com/uofu and click on the “Meet” link or call 800-343-0860.
- Hospital (School of Medicine) – April 2, 9, 16
- 250 Tower (CenturyLink Building UHRM) – April 9 and 30
- Business School – April 10
- Board of Regents (USHE) – April 17
- Dan Jones Building – April 16 and 23
- UNI – April 27
- Huntsman Cancer Institute – April 30
TIAA – Go to TIAA.org/uofu and click on “Schedule Today” or call 800-732-8353. May dates are now available.
Utah Retirement Systems – April 19
Sessions will be held in the Red Rock conference room of the Annex on Feb. 22 and March 16, 2018. You can register on URS.org by clicking on the Education tab, and then on “Individual Retirement Planning Sessions”.
Open Enrollment is coming in May
To ensure that your open enrollment packet is sent to the correct address, please check your personal contact information in the Campus Information System (CIS) and make appropriate updates by Friday, April 20th.
WellU Wellness Program Reminder
To save $480 on your health plans premiums next plan year (beginning July 1, 2018), complete the WellU requirements now. Requirements must be completed prior to July 1, 2018.
- Annual Physical or Wellness Exam – the University’s health care plan covers one annual physical or wellness exam each plan year at 100 percent. You don’t need to wait one year from your last exam – you can schedule it any time during the plan year.
- Dental Cleaning and Exam – the University’s dental plan covers two annual cleanings and exams. You will pay your 20 percent coinsurance. Find participating dentists at Regence.com (look for ValueCare Network providers) or visit the University’s Student Dental Clinic at the School of Dentistry.
- Complete One WellU Wellness Activity – Activities include preventive screenings, health and wellness coaching, fitness classes, and nutrition consultations. See the WellU Program flyer for eligible wellness activities.
Completions must be reported through the health care plan or community partner. Employees are encouraged to complete the requirements as soon as possible to avoid a delay in receiving the discount. Requirements completed at the end of the plan year are often not reported in time for the discount to begin on the July 22 paycheck. The discount begins when timely completion of all requirements has been reported – it is not retroactive. Schedule your appointments as soon as possible to make sure you receive the discount for the entire plan year.
Do you have a success story regarding your participation in the WellU Program and wellness activities that you would like to share? If so, email a brief description to WellU@utah.edu.