Simulated emergency response drill being held at Rice-Eccles Stadium this Tuesday
Faculty, staff and students needed for Move-in Day
Volunteer for Be Well Utah
Pepsi vending refund vouchers
Customized promotional items by University Print & Mail
Free Beats headphones from UTech
The simulated incidents are being used for training and normal TRAX and FrontRunner service will continue throughout the drill.
Emergency personnel from UTA, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Salt Lake County Emergency Management, West Valley Fire Department, Salt Lake City Fire Department, University of Utah Emergency Management, University of Utah Police Department, Amtrak, Union Pacific, Murray Victim Advocates and Utah State Medical Examiner, will be engaged in a full-scale emergency protection and response drill simulating multiple terrorists attacks in the Salt Lake Valley both Tuesday, Aug. 8 and Wednesday, Aug. 9.
We are looking for faculty, staff and student leaders to serve on UCrew, our group of volunteers who help students move into their new rooms. This is your chance to connect with incoming students, share your opportunities and resources, and give back to the university community.
Here are the details on move-in:
- Date: Aug. 17, 2017
- UCrew shifts: 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 12-4 p.m.
- Moving ability: You will be helping lift and move students’ items. On the sign-up form, please indicate your moving capacity.
- Training session: Please attend one session to get a more detailed overview of the day and expectations. We are offering training on Monday, Aug. 14 at 10 a.m. and Tuesday, Aug. 15 at 4 p.m.
Signup is easy — just head to our move-in website and scroll to the bottom of the page. In exchange for volunteering, you’ll get a free T-shirt, a meal on move-in day and the chance to have an impact on a multitude of students.
Please sign up and spread the word. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Valery Pozo.
If you’ve enjoyed the event in the past and would like to get more involved, consider volunteering this year. For more information regarding volunteering, or to sign up, please contact Aleatha Leader at Aleatha.Leader@hsc.utah.edu.
The following dates and times are available for volunteer opportunities:
- Walk Away Obesity: Hidden Valley Park, Saturday, Aug. 19 | 7:45-11 a.m.
- Community Open House: Huntsman Cancer Institute, Thursday, Aug. 24 | 5-9 p.m.
- Family Health Fair: Rice Eccles Stadium,
- Set-up day: Friday, Aug. 25
- Two volunteer shifts: 9 a.m.–12 p.m. OR 12–3 p.m.
- Event day: Saturday, Aug. 26
- Two volunteer shifts: 8:30 a.m.–12 p.m. OR 11:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Set-up day: Friday, Aug. 25
For more information and a complete list of activities, please visit the Be Well Utah website.
Pepsi has established three customer service refund locations on campus and equipped them with refund vouchers that can be used just like cash in Pepsi and hello Goodness vending machines. Those refund locations are:
- The Union Building’s Service Desk at 200 S Central Campus Drive; 801-581-5888.
- The Student Affairs Office, Rm 206 at 201 Presidents Circle; 801-581-7793.
- The University Hospital Food Court at 50 North Medical Drive; 801-581-2121.
Simply provide your UID, explain your issue, where it took place and a voucher will be given to you. Refunds may only be used in Pepsi or hello Goodness vending machines. To report a machine that is malfunctioning or has a credit card reader that has gone offline, please call the support number listed on the machine.
University Print & Mail is ready to help you design your department’s or organization’s customized promotional items, from office supplies to water bottles, totes and other fun giveaways. If you can think it, Print & Mail can create it. In addition to standard promotional fare, specialized items such as umbrellas, blankets, hats, shirts and other apparel are also available.
Some items can take six to eight weeks for production and delivery, so order now here, to ensure your items arrive in time for Employee Appreciation Day, which takes place on Thursday, Sept. 28.
University Print & Mail is your ongoing resource for customized promotional items any time of year. Contact Print & Mail for a custom quote at 801-581-3947 or email email@example.com.
Whether you’re an incoming student buying a computer for classes or a faculty member needing a tech update, this is a deal not to be missed. All products are available now in the Main Campus Store and the Campus Store Health. Stop in to get tech-ready for fall, and do it in style with Beats.
One pair of Beats per transaction or customer.