The Center for Technology & Venture Commercialization has announced the recipients of its second round of seed funding:
- UU 3-D Metrology Tool: A device that optically measures the absolute 3-D position of an object. P.I.: Clayton Williams, Professor, Physics and Astronomy
- Novel Phase Optics: A three-dimensional camera and mobile phone facial-recognition LED camera that employ flat-lens technology. P.I.: Rajesh Menon, Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Chemically Removable Cleavable Linker: A device that provides controlled delivery of chemotherapeutics. P.I., Raphael Franzini, Assistant Professor, Medicinal Chemistry
- Advanced Halloysite Nano-tube Solid Polymer Electrolyte for Lithium-Sulfur Battery: A high-voltage lithium battery that remains stable without solvents. P.I.: Jan Miller, Professor, Metallurgical Engineering
- Thermoelectric Aerospace Power Generation Module: A high-efficiency, ultra-lightweight thermoelectric modules for aerospace applications. P.I.: Ashutosh Tiwari, Professor, Department of Materials Science & Engineering
- Catheterized Confocal Microscope: A microscopic imaging tool that can diagnose cardiac disease. P.I. Frank Sachse, Associate Professor, Nora Eccles Harrison Cardiovascular Research & Training Institute, Biomedical Engineering
Congratulations to all of our awardees!
To learn more about the TVC seed fund, visit tvc.utah.edu.