Main Navigation

Personal property on campus

Personal property is not insured by the University of Utah. If you choose to bring your personal property (artwork, valuables, electronics, etc.) to campus and it is lost, stolen or damaged while used or stored at the University of Utah, it is not typically insured by the U’s property insurer.  Your personal renters or homeowner’s policy is the appropriate avenue of recovery.

This information is located on the Risk & Insurance Services website under the PROPERTY tab and then Equipment Insurance Information.