With so many changes on campus this week, the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic and a sizable earthquake, we’d like to give you a quick update on what’s happening at University Print & Mail Services.
In short, as of March 18, nothing has changed for us operations-wise. We are fully operational and running at full speed as it relates to order processing and fulfilment, job deliveries, FedEx and Sendsuite shipping, campus mail pickup and drop off and all USPS functions. We remain fully staffed and are operating under our regular business hours of 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Currently, we do not see any interruptions with mail, but check with the U.S. Postal Service directly for updates.
Paying close attention to the COVID-19 issue, we are focusing on a few things to help slow the progression of this pandemic and keep our employees and customers safe.
- We strongly encourage customers to utilize our product delivery service, which is free and always is free. Let us deliver your order to you, minimizing your need to travel across campus.
- Campus Mail will operate on its usual delivery schedule. In the event that mail or job deliveries are attempted and the office is found to be locked, a memo will be left stating that delivery will be suspended until a request for re-delivery is received. In the meantime, those items will be held at the Print & Mail office. If an office is temporarily closed, any mail or job deliveries may be picked up or delivered by special request. All delivery requests should be sent to Juan Sosa at email@example.com. Our team will work to accommodate requests to the best of our ability, knowing that staffing and service limitations may arise from the ever-changing landscape of this period.
- As is our usual routine, we maintain an atmosphere of cleanliness and safety and encourage our staff to use good judgement about coming to work if they are not feeling well. Our routine focus on these practices is amplified, given the circumstances.
- We are actively heeding the university’s call to caution and are evaluating possible alterations to schedules, staff needs and other protocol to keep our employees and our customers safe.
- In any event, we will do everything possible to make sure the needs of our customers are met. If things out of our control slow this process, we will work with you to create the best possible outcome.
As situations develop, our hours, staffing, pickup/drop off timing and shipping expectations may need to be adjusted. We will be diligent about communicating any changes to our operations and will ensure that our emergency information page is always up-to-date.
We’re committed to honoring President Watkins’ promise of keeping the campus open and operational to support our community and our students. “It’s a work in progress,” as Watkins has noted, but you can count on us to work through it with you.