stand up to falls
Slips, trips and falls are one of the leading causes on injury at a work place and one of the most preventable. Be cautious and follow these steps to lesson your chance of having a slip trip of fall injury:
- Secure electrical and phone cords away from walking areas, such as hallways or in front of your desk.
- Use non-skid rugs and be sure to tape them down to prevent rolling.
- Keep drawers and cabinets closed when you’re not using them.
- Wear proper footwear, paying special attention to outdoor conditions.
- Clean up any spills immediately and include warning signage if necessary.
- Refrain from walking while distracted — stay focused on your surroundings.
- Ensure there is adequate lighting.
- Don’t carry more than you can handle — large loads can obstruct your vision and affect your balance.
- Get your vision checked regularly. If you take any medication, discuss common side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness with your doctor.