Benefiting U


When a staff employee retires or resigns from the University of Utah, some items are automatically resolved on the effective date of the ePAF. For example, access to KRONOS, PeopleAdmin, UCard, UTA pass and cell phone accounts are deactivated.

However, there are items that require the department to take some action.

  • Collect university property including keys, UCard, cell phone, laptop, pager, etc.
  • Deactivate access to university buildings, computers and other systems.
  • Deactivate the voicemail and update the caller ID on the existing telephone by calling UIT Voice Services at 801-581-4000, option 2.
  • If necessary, make a request to HR to deactivate the Umail account.
  • If the exiting employee is a supervisor, submit edit ePAFs for all direct reports to indicate the name and uNID of the new supervisor.
  • If applicable, complete the “Pcard Update Form – Account Closure” form to cancel purchasing card.
  • If applicable, report any owed comp time hours onto the KRONOS timecard.
  • Employee may login to CIS to update personal/bio/demo information so that the University of Utah has the most current mailing address for sending tax forms and other information.
  • Employee may contact the Benefits Department at 801-581-7447 to ask about retiree benefits, COBRA or other benefits-related questions.

Please contact HR for assistance or to ask any questions.