Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019
3-5 p.m. (Workshop) | Marriott Park Hotel, Amphitheater Room (1st floor)
5-6 p.m. (No host social hour) | Marriott Park Hotel, Wakara Lounge
This is the second Research Roundtable bringing together researchers interested in transforming the built environment from a major carbon emitter to net carbon sink through an interdisciplinary approach.
Research Leads: Sarah Hinners (Architecture + Planning) and Kevin Whitty (Chemical Engineering)
Facilitator: Brenda Bowen (Global Change and Sustainability Center)
- Sarah Hinners – mass timber harvest
- Kevin Whitty – technology that incorporates CO2 capture
- Sameer Rao– energy conversion and storage
- Tabitha Benney – energy and environmental politics
- Pratt Rogers – computational intelligence and life-cycle analysis
Please come prepared to:
- Identify the emerging frontiers in carbon capture within your field.
- Describe research around carbon capture that you find exciting.
- Detail the expertise you are looking for in a collaborator that would help you move forward.