– Last week crews began digging a 60-foot hole on the north and southwest sides of OSH for well and soil testing. Sections of sidewalk will be closed as this project continues throughout summer 2016.
– Temporary evening road closure, eastbound on South Campus Drive in the area immediately north of the Rice-Eccels Stadium. The area of South Campus Drive, noted in red on the image to the right, will be closed overnight from April 4 through June 1. The closures will begin at 10 p.m. and the road will re-open each morning at 6 a.m. The closure is a result of sound system and additional improvements at the stadium.
– Renovation is being done on the east side of the Field House and is expected to be complete by June 2016.
– The upgrade for the Rice-Eccles Stadium video board is underway. The majority of the work is occurring inside the stadium area. A few stalls in the stadium lot, Lot 1, are blocked off as part of the staging area for construction. Also, the sidewalk just east of the stadium will be closed from March 14-June 1. The full project is expected to be completed in June 2016.
– A portion of lot 87 will be closed to install temporary office buildings and is expected to be completed before commencement 2016. See map below.
– Construction and renovation of the George Thomas Building, as it becomes the Crocker Science Center, has begun. The sidewalk to the north of the building is blocked off, pedestrians will be routed into a protected area outside of the fence. This project is expected to be complete in the summer of 2017.
– Electrical infrastructure-related work is taking place all over campus. This is an ongoing project and is expected to be completed by December 2016.
– Construction on three stairways in Lot 50 (hospital terrace) began Jan. 25 and is anticipated to be complete before fall 2016.
– Construction has begun on a new parking garage directly east of the medical towers. The garage is expected to be complete in winter of 2016. Click here for information regarding permit changes and replacement parking for “A” and “U” permit holders.