- SIDEWALK IMPACTS NEAR HPER EAST AND HUNTSMAN BASKETBALL FACILITY: Phase IIA of the South Campus Housing Utility relocation began June 1, 2018. The initial fence along the sidewalk between Hyper East and Student life Center/the soccer field will be taken down. Fencing will be put up around the southwest side of the Honors housing parking lot. Phase 11B is expected to begin mid-July 2018 where the remainder of the fence along the east side of the honor housing lot will be put up. No access in the gated area is permitted. Pedestrians should navigate around these fences and use alternative routes as designated by signage.
- STUDENT LIFE WAY CONSTRUCTION IMPACTS: Road construction along student life way is now complete. Pedestrian and vehicle traffic can resume.
- HIGH SCHOOL COMMENCEMENTS ON CAMPUS: Please note various high school commencements are happening on campus through the next couple of weeks. Parking in areas near the Huntsman Arena will be impacted. See map below.
- UDOT SUMMER CONSTRUCTION CHANGES: UDOT is postponing work on North Campus Drive while UDOT collaborates with the university to revise the construction and traffic plan. In the meantime, UDOT has shifted its resources to begin asphalt removal and replacement on Mario Capecchi Drive between North Campus Drive and Foothill Drive. Single lane closures are scheduled to occur nightly. It is recommended that motorists leave early and plan for extra time — 15-minute delays can be expected. All lanes will remain open to accommodate traffic during the morning and afternoon commutes. One lane will remain open in each direction during night work, and 24/7 on the weekends. Two eastbound lanes on North Campus Drive (toward the hospital) and one westbound lane (away from the hospital) will remain open and fully operational for the time being. Updates from UDOT are also available by calling 1-888-556-0232 or emailing email@example.com. Those updates will also be posted on Twitter @uofutraffic and online on @theU. Twitter users can receive text message updates on the project by texting “Follow @uofutraffic” to 40404. Visit the UDOT construction project page for more information.
- BEH S SEISMIC UPGRADE: Surrounding areas of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade periodically throughout the duration of the project. This area will reopen July 17, 2018.
- EAST MEDICAL DRIVE ROAD: The road repaving project is complete along East medical Drive between the School of Medicine and HCI Research South. Traffic is limited to one lane with an alternating traffic light to allow flow of traffic both directions.
- BUSINESS LOOP ROAD CIRCULATION AND IMPROVEMENTS: Work has begun along Central Campus Drive to convert a portion of the road into a pedestrian plaza. The works will resolve active transit and ADA paths of travel. Work will continue throughout the summer and be ready for fall 2018.
- CAMPUS STORE SIDEWALK REPAIRS: Sidewalk repairs began May 14 on the east side of the Campus Store. Pedestrians should navigate around the affect areas. This project is expected to be complete June 18, 2018.
- STUDENT SERVICES DECK: The deck on the east side of the Student Services building is being replaced. Access through the northeast and East doors (main doors) will be closed. Please access this building from the Southeast or West side doors. The construction will last through the summer and reopen in time for fall semester.
- HPER NORTH CONSTRUCTION: Construction surrounding HPER North has begun and will last throughout the summer 2018. The building is getting new exterior windows installed. Minor disruptions may occur.
- LNCO Circulation Improvements: Construction began early May to address inadequate pedestrian, bike and ADA access to the humanities part of campus. The circulation improvements aim to create a safe and pleasing pathway from student house to the east through the various academic and student facilities. Work will go throughout the summer and open mid-August 2018 in time for fall semester. The electric shuttle will not run during the summer semester due to this construction. See the impact to the right.
- HUNTSMAN CENTER EAST SIDEWALK DISRUPTION: The sidewalk east of the Huntsman Center will have minor disruptions for a sidewalk lighting upgrade. The project will go until the end of July 2018.
- FIELD ABOVE WASATCH DRIVE: The field above Wasatch Drive is being transformed into a parking lot. Expect noise and dust disturbances throughout the duration of the project. Expected completion date is Aug. 31, 2018.
- FIELD HOUSE CHILLER PLANT: Construction and closures occurring in and around the field house for capital improvements will be completed by mid-August 2018.
- CRCC, ART, & ARCH. HIGH TEMP: High temperature water line replacement is being done on the sidewalk between CRCC, and the Art/Architecture building. Work is expected to continue through mid to late summer 2018.
- BEH S HIGH-TEMPERATURE TRENCHING: Trench work has begun on the sidewalk between the Marriott Library and the BEH S building. The project is expected to be complete mid-summer 2018.
- WEST MEDICAL GARAGE CONSTRUCTION: The West Medical Garage (between the Moran Eye Center and the Ambulatory Care Complex construction) will only have access via the two widened ramps on the south side of the garage. The east side ramp will remain closed until ACC construction is completed in 2019.
- EXECUTIVE EDUCATION BUILDING: The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the summer of 2018 and will be ready for fall semester.
- GARDNER BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. Fencing will also remain posted around the field behind the humanities building. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
See the construction impact map below.