- UDOT SUMMER CONSTRUCTION: Road reconstruction along North Campus Dr. is set to begin on May 7. Road work will be 24/7. One lane will always be kept open for emergency vehicle access to the hospital. Through August 2018, UDOT will begin repaving the roads on three sides of campus. Read more here or visit the UDOT construction project page for more information.
- EAST MEDICAL DRIVE ROAD CLOSURE: East Medical Drive will be closed from May 7-June 8, 2018 as Dominion Energy installs a new natural gas line that will serve many buildings on campus including HCI, U Hospital and various research buildings.
- LNCO Circulation Improvements: Beginning May 7, construction will begin to address inadequate pedestrian, bike and ADA access to the humanities part of campus. The circulation improvements aim to create a safe and pleasing pathway from student house to the east through the various academic and student facilities. Work will go throughout the summer and open mid-August 2018 in time for fall semester. The electric shuttle will not run during the summer semester due to this construction. See the impact to the right.
- SIDEWALK IMPACTS NEAR HPER EAST AND HUNSTMAN BASKETBALL FACILITY: A fence has been put up around the sidewalk on the east side of Dumke Gynmastics, along HPER East and ending at Huntsman Basketball Facility for utility updates. This is the first phase of the project. In later phases, the fence will move towards Honors Housing and the U field. All access is closed along this route. Pedestrians should follow routes along the West side of HPER East for access. Phase 1 will end at the beginning of June 2018.
- NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM PARKING LOT REPAVING: The Natural history museum parking lot is being repaved and is expected to be complete by May 12.
- HPER NORTH CONSTRUCTION: Construction surrounding HPER North has begun and will last throughout the summer 2018. The building is getting new exterior windows installed. Minor disruptions may occur.
- STUDENT LIFE WAY CONSTRUCTION IMPACTS: Beginning May 5, temporary road construction along Student Life Way will occur through May 25. Traffic will be down to one lane with a flagger. Road access will be closed along Student Life Way to the lot east of Lassonde. Access to this parking lot will be available from the north parking lot of McCarthy Field.
- Connor Road OPEN: Connor Road (to Research Park) is now open.
- MARIO CAPECCHI AND 1900 E: UDOT has finished construction on a new traffic signal at Mario Capecchi and 1900 East.
- HUNTSMAN CENTER EAST SIDEWALK DISRUPTION: The sidewalk east of the Huntsman Center will have minor disruptions for a sidewalk lighting upgrade. The project will go until the end of May 2018. This will not impact graduation and the area will be clean for commencement.
- FIELD ABOVE WASATCH DRIVE: The field above Wasatch Drive is being transformed into a parking lot. Expect noise and dust disturbances throughout the duration of the project. Expected completion date is Aug. 31, 2018.
- FIELD HOUSE CHILLER PLANT: Construction and closures occurring in and around the field house for capital improvements will be completed by mid-August 2018.
- CRCC, ART, & ARCH. HIGH TEMP: High temperature water line replacement is being done on the sidewalk between CRCC, and the Art/Architecture building. Work is expected to continue through mid to late summer 2018.
- BEH S HIGH-TEMPERATURE TRENCHING: Trench work has begun on the sidewalk between the Marriott Library and the BEH S building. The project is expected to be complete mid-summer 2018.
- WEST MEDICAL GARAGE CONSTRUCTION: The West Medical Garage (between the Moran Eye Center and the Ambulatory Care Complex construction) will only have access via the two widened ramps on the south side of the garage. The east side ramp will remain closed until ACC construction is completed in 2019.
- BEH S SEISMIC UPGRADE: Surrounding areas of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade periodically throughout the duration of the project. This area will reopen June 2018.
- EXECUTIVE EDUCATION BUILDING: The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the summer of 2018 and will be ready for fall semester.
- GARDNER BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. Fencing will also remain posted around the field behind the humanities building. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
See the construction impact map below.