- MARIO CAPECCHI AND 1900 E: UDOT is putting in a new traffic signal at Mario Capecchi and 1900 East. They are removing the medians for the new traffic configurations with one lane of traffic closed in each direction. The project is scheduled to be finished around April 27.
- Connor Road Closure: Connor Road (to Research Park) will be closed starting April 16 for construction, and is anticipated to be closed through May 4. Anticipate delays.
- Salt Lake City Marathon: Wasatch Drive will be closed beginning at 1 a.m. on Saturday, April 21. The road should be reopened by 11 a.m.Eccles Broadcast Center employees needing to access the building during this closure should enter from Mario Capecchi at the south end of Wasatch Drive, where with your employee badge UPD will allow you access to park near the building.
Part of North Campus Drive from Wasatch Drive to Federal Heights Drive, will also be closed from 5:30 a.m.-8 a.m.
Mario Capecchi will remain open as a viable and encouraged alternative. Any ambulance traffic should seek alternative access to the hospital.
Marathon participants have been encouraged to take TRAX to the starting line and extra trains will be running. There will be some amplified sound that will occur early in the morning.
For maps and a list of all street closures and approximate times, click here.
- The Dominion pipeline realignment between the UUH and HCI was not able to bore under the roadway. Starting April 8, they will be trenching until the end of the month.
- CAMPUS CENTER DRIVE SIDEWALK DISRUPTIONS: Minor sidewalk disruptions expected along Campus Center Drive next to UMFA for installation of five new sidewalk lights. The project will be completed by the end of April.
- HUNTSMAN CENTER EAST SIDEWALK DISRUPTION: The sidewalk east of the Huntsman Center will have minor disruptions for a sidewalk lighting upgrade. The project will go until the end of May 2018. This will not impact graduation and the area will be clean for commencement.
- UTA SCHEDULE CHANGING ON APRIL 8, 2018: Due to the implementation of federally-mandated Positive Train Control (safety measures established by the U.S. Department of Transportation) requirements on its commuter rail system, UTA will be adjusting its FrontRunner schedule. This change requires UTA to make scheduling adjustments throughout its system in order to preserve connections and transfers. As a result, all TRAX schedules and nearly all bus schedules will be adjusted starting April 8.
- FIELD ABOVE WASATCH DRIVE: The field above Wasatch Drive is being transformed into a parking lot. Expect noise and dust disturbances throughout the duration of the project. Expected completion date is Aug. 31, 2018.
- STUDENT LIFE WAY CONSTRUCTION: The storm water drainage project has recommenced along Student Life Way. Work will continue for several weeks with intermittent sidewalk and street closures as needed. Traffic speeds should not exceed 15 mph in the construction zone. Project is expected to be complete towards mid-April.
- FIELD HOUSE CHILLER PLANT: Construction and closures occurring in and around the field house for capital improvements will be completed by mid-August 2018.
- BURBIDGE CENTER: The storm water drainage project has recommenced. The area between HPER West and the Burbidge Center will be fenced off for construction on the addition to Burbidge Center. It will last through May 2018.
- TRAX-Union Shuttle route up and running: A new shuttle route running through the center of campus is now operational. The TRAX-Union route, which connects the South Campus Drive TRAX station with the Union area of campus, will be utilized by an electric shuttle, reducing auto emissions throughout campus while making the train-bus-class or work path much quicker and easier. (See image to the right).Commuters can follow the electric shuttle route on Commuter Services’ live shuttle tracker, noting its mauve-colored path.For additional information, please visit the Commuter Services website or call 801-581-6415.
- CRCC, ART, & ARCH. HIGH TEMP: High temperature water line replacement is being done on the sidewalk between CRCC, and the Art/Architecture building. Work is expected to continue through mid to late summer.
- BEH S HIGH-TEMPERATURE TRENCHING: Trench work has begun on the sidewalk between the Marriott Library and the BEH S building. The project is expected to be complete mid-summer 2018.
- ALUMNI HOUSE RENOVATION: The Alumni House is still under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. The completion date has been changed to spring 2018.
- WEST MEDICAL GARAGE CONSTRUCTION: The West Medical Garage (between the Moran Eye Center and the Ambulatory Care Complex construction) will only have access via the two widened ramps on the south side of the garage. The east side ramp will remain closed until ACC construction is completed in 2019.
- IT LINES AT HSC: Installation of IT lines are underway around the Health Sciences Campus and will be blocking off certain parking areas throughout the next few months. No more than 25 parking stalls will be closed at a time.
- BEH S SEISMIC UPGRADE: Surrounding areas of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade periodically throughout the duration of the project. This area will reopen June 2018.
- EXECUTIVE EDUCATION BUILDING: The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the summer of 2018 and will be ready for fall semester.
- GARDNER BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. Fencing will also remain posted around the field behind the humanities building. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
See the construction impact map below.