- STUDENT LIFE WAY CONSTRUCTION: The storm water drainage project has recommenced along Student Life Way. Work will continue for several weeks with intermittent sidewalk and street closures as needed. Traffic speeds should not exceed 15 mph in the construction zone. Project is expected to be complete towards the beginning of April.
- STUDENT SERVICES / UNION WELD REPAIRS: Welding repairs are being done in the area between the Union Building and the Student Services Building and is expected to be complete by mid March.
- TRAX-Union Shuttle route up and running: A new shuttle route running through the center of campus is now operational. The TRAX-Union route, which connects the South Campus Drive TRAX station with the Union area of campus, will be utilized by an electric shuttle, reducing auto emissions throughout campus while making the train-bus-class or work path much quicker and easier. (See image to the right).Commuters can follow the electric shuttle route on Commuter Services’ live shuttle tracker, noting its mauve-colored path.For additional information, please visit the Commuter Services website or call 801-581-6415.
- CRCC, ART, & ARCH. HIGH TEMP: High temperature water line replacement is being done on the sidewalk between CRCC, and the Art/Architecture building. Work is expected to continue through June of 2018.
- BEH S HIGH-TEMPERATURE TRENCHING: Trench work has begun on the sidewalk between the Marriott Library and the BEH S building. The project is expected to be complete at the end of Spring semester.
- VISITOR PARKING IMPACT: The kiosk lot between Student Services and Browning will be closed until the end of January due to a high temperature water project. The sidewalk north of the Tanner Plaza is closed.
- VISITOR PARKING CHANGES IN SOUTH MEDICAL GARAGE: Commuter Services installed kiosks in the South Medical Garage pay lot that replaced the gated parking booths and attendants.If you would like more information on the kiosk system or want specific training, contact Commuter Services, Visitor Parking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minor disruptions continue to occur between Central Parking Garage and the Sorenson Arts and Science complex for a road grade issue. Work will be completed by the start of Spring Semester 2018.
- The Alumni House is still under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. The completion date has been changed to spring 2018.
- Through February 2018, the stairway on the south side of the Marriott Library will be closed as work to connect the high temperature water infrastructure line continues to move through campus. The drop-off circle on the south west corner of the library will also be closed to through traffic. Drop-offs and pick-ups from this area should use the pay lot to the west of the library. An accessible pathway will remain open as noted by the blue arrows on the image below.
- The West Medical Garage (between the Moran Eye Center and the Ambulatory Care Complex construction) will only have access via the two widened ramps on the south side of the garage. The east side ramp will remain closed until ACC construction is completed in 2019.
- Installation of IT lines are underway around the Health Sciences Campus and will be blocking off certain parking areas throughout the next few months. No more than 25 parking stalls will be closed at a time.
- Surrounding areas of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade periodically throughout the duration of the project. This area will reopen June 2018.
- The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the summer of 2018 and will be ready for fall semester.
- Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
See the construction impact map below.