- BEH S HIGH-TEMPERATURE TRENCHING: Fencing and trench work is being done in preparation for a high temperature water project on the north side of the Social and Behavioral Sciences building. This trench will eventually connect into library plaza. However, a pedestrian path will always be accessible through this area. The west area of the Marriott Library will be complete by the end of February however, work will continue through the southeast side connecting to BEH S.
- SSB WORK FINISHED: Fencing will come down and work surrounding Student Services Building has ended and the center has reopened.
STUDENT LIFE WAY CONSTRUCTION: Work will begin again, toward the end of the January on the storm water drainage project, along Student Life Way. Work will continue for several weeks with intermittent sidewalk and street closures as needed. Traffic speeds should not exceed 15 mph in the construction zone.
VISITOR PARKING IMPACT: The kiosk lot between Student Services and Browning will be closed until the end of January due to a high temperature water project. The sidewalk north of the Tanner Plaza is closed.
- VISITOR PARKING CHANGES IN SOUTH MEDICAL GARAGE: Commuter Services installed kiosks in the South Medical Garage pay lot that replaced the gated parking booths and attendants.If you would like more information on the kiosk system or want specific training, contact Commuter Services, Visitor Parking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minor disruptions continue to occur between Central Parking Garage and the Sorenson Arts and Science complex for a road grade issue. Work will be completed by the start of Spring Semester 2018.
- The Alumni House is still under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. The completion date has been changed to spring 2018.
- Through February 2018, the stairway on the south side of the Marriott Library will be closed as work to connect the high temperature water infrastructure line continues to move through campus. The drop-off circle on the south west corner of the library will also be closed to through traffic. Drop-offs and pick-ups from this area should use the pay lot to the west of the library. An accessible pathway will remain open as noted by the blue arrows on the image below.
- One of the many new and exciting features of the new Gardner Building is the integration of a geothermal heating and cooling system. Work to develop the system will begin in an area to the east of the Sill Center. Some fencing and work will stretch from between the Sill Center and Tanner Humanities moving toward the Gardner construction site. This work began on Aug. 14 and will conclude at the end of fall semester.
- The West Terrace (between the Moran Eye Center and the Ambulatory Care Center construction) will only have access via the two widened ramps on the south side of the terrace. The west side ramp will remain closed until ACC construction is completed in 2019.
- Installation of IT lines are underway around the Health Sciences Campus and will be blocking off certain parking areas throughout the next few months. No more than 25 parking stalls will be closed at a time.
- Surrounding areas of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade periodically throughout the duration of the project. This area will reopen June 2018.
- The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the summer of 2018 and will be ready for fall semester.
- Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
See the construction impact map below.