- The majority of the visitor pay lot between the Student Services Building and Browning Building is closed. The sidewalk on the north side of Tanner Plaza, near the Student Service Building is closed. Concrete is being poured on the northeast corner entrance to the Student Services Building to complete the high temperature water projects and will reopen by the end of next week.
- STUDENT LIFE WAY CONSTRUCTION: Work continues surrounding Student Life Way in regards to the storm water drainage retention project. The south side of Student Life Way has reopened to traffic however, due to complications on site, the north side of Student Life Way will remain closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic into the spring. Traffic speeds should not exceed 15 mph in the construction zone.
- VISITOR PARKING CHANGES IN SOUTH MEDICAL GARAGE: Commuter Services is installing kiosks in the South Medical Garage pay lot that will replace the gated parking booths and attendants. The kiosks will function as the point of contact for purchasing and validating parking for guests and visitors to campus. All other parking booths on campus were replaced by kiosks over the past couple of years and have proven successful.There will be two main changes as a result of the new kiosk system, effective Dec. 18:
- There will no longer be entry tickets or pay lot attendants, rather customers will purchase their desired time through the kiosk using their license plate and credit card.
- Sticker validations will no longer be valid on campus. Instead, validation “coupon codes” are available for purchase, by departments, and can be distributed to customers.
Kiosks work similar to a parking meter and payment or a validation must be made to initiate a parking session, not when leaving the pay lot. Vehicles parked in a pay lot with no valid form of payment will be ticketed.
If you would like more information on the kiosk system or want specific training, contact Commuter Services, Visitor Parking at email@example.com.
- Minor disruptions continue to occur between Central Parking Garage and the Sorenson Arts and Science complex for a road grade issue. Work will be completed by the start of Spring Semester 2018.
- The Alumni House is still under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. The completion date has been changed to spring 2018.
- Through February 2018, the stairway on the south side of the Marriott Library will be closed as work to connect the high temperature water infrastructure line continues to move through campus. The drop-off circle on the south west corner of the library will also be closed to through traffic. Drop-offs and pick-ups from this area should use the pay lot to the west of the library. An accessible pathway will remain open as noted by the blue arrows on the image below.
- One of the many new and exciting features of the new Gardner Building is the integration of a geothermal heating and cooling system. Work to develop the system will begin in an area to the east of the Sill Center. Some fencing and work will stretch from between the Sill Center and Tanner Humanities moving toward the Gardner construction site. This work began on Aug. 14 and will conclude at the end of fall semester.
- The U was able to add increased UTA service between Summit County and Salt Lake City on the PC-SLC Connect.
Find the schedule here.
- The West Terrace (between the Moran Eye Center and the Ambulatory Care Center construction) will only have access via the two widened ramps on the south side of the terrace. The west side ramp will remain closed until ACC construction is completed in 2019.
- Installation of IT lines are underway around the Health Sciences Campus and will be blocking off certain parking areas throughout the next few months. No more than 25 parking stalls will be closed at a time.
- Surrounding areas of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade periodically throughout the duration of the project. This area will reopen June 2018.
- The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the summer of 2018 and will be ready for fall semester.
- Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
See the construction impact map below.