- This Thursday, Nov. 9 and Friday, Nov. 10, there will be reduced parking stall available in Rice-Eccles Stadium parking lot due to high school football games. Parking will also be impacted as games continue the following week on Friday, Nov. 17. In addition to reduced parking at the stadium, expect parking impacts to extend to Guardsman Way.
- Construction of the new Garff Executive Education Building is underway and will affect surrounding areas including the North entrance of the Business Building. An asphalt path is available in HPER Mall.
- The Alumni House is still under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. The completion date has been changed to spring 2018.
- Various sidewalk closures and temporary road closures will occur on Student Life Way due to the storm water retention drainage project above the HPER Mall through Nov. 15. Pedestrian sidewalks south of the Life Center remain open as well as vehicle access east of Lassonde to the parking lot North of McCarthey Track and Field. Expect impacts to vehicular and pedestrian traffic on Student Life Way, immediately northeast of the Student Life Center, through Nov. 15. This project moves a minor storm water drain line from one side of Student Life Way to the other. At least one accessible pedestrian path will remain open at all times.
- Oct. 2 through February 2018, the stairway on the south side of the Marriott Library will be closed as work to connect the high temperature water infrastructure line continues to move through campus. The drop-off circle on the south west corner of the library will also be closed to through traffic. Drop-offs and pick-ups from this area should use the pay lot to the west of the library. An accessible pathway will remain open as noted by the blue arrows on the image below.
- The parking lot north of the Kennecott Building is under construction right now. The parking lot east of the Fine Arts Museum (south of the pay lot 12) will be under construction in the next couple of weeks.
- Asphalt repair is occurring in the parking lot surrounding Warnock to Hedco. Area northeast of the Student Services building will be closed to public access due to high temperate water line replacement as well as the North lot of the Union due to construction projects. Expect temporary and intermittent sidewalk closures throughout the duration of the project, which is expected to be completed by December 2017.
- Weekday home football games scheduled on Friday, Nov. 3, at 7:30 p.m. against UCLA. We encourage you to take TRAX or consider other means of transportation on that day. If you do drive, please consider an alternate route that avoids the south end of campus. View the parking map here for information about closures of lots on the south end of campus and parking alternatives. Please contact Commuter Services at 801-581-6415 with any questions.
- One of the many new and exciting features of the new Gardner Building is the integration of a geothermal heating and cooling system. Work to develop the system will begin in an area to the east of the Sill Center. Some fencing and work will stretch from between the Sill Center and Tanner Humanities moving toward the Gardner construction site. This work began on Aug. 14 and will conclude at the end of fall semester.
- A new roof is underway at the Student Services Building. Fencing and covered walkways will appear along the east side of the Student Services Building. This project will be completed by mid-November.
- The Campus Store pay lot will be converted to a kiosk lot. With the successes of the new parking system over the past two years, lots like the Business loop, Union pay lots were converted from the outdated model of pay lots. There will be three main changes as a result of the new kiosk system:
- There will no longer be spitter tickets or pay lot attendants, rather customers will purchase their desired time through the kiosk using their license plate and credit card.
- Sticker validations will no longer be valid in any visitor lot. Instead, departments may purchase “coupon codes” for their visitors.
- The Campus Store will still provide validations for patrons. Parking fees must be paid in advance at the kiosks, a printed receipt must be taken into the store, and one hour of the parking fee will be reimbursed at the time of purchase.
Vehicles parked in a pay lot with no valid form of payment will be ticketed.
Read more about the changes here.
- From mid-August to mid-October, a gas line replacement along the east bench of the medical campus will impact parking lots 66, 67 and 75. This area is to the north east of the Red Butte Amphitheater ticket area and entrance. See map below.
- Through possibly the end of October, there will be no UTA or campus shuttle bus service to the entrance of University Hospital. UTA routes will end on Wasatch Drive, near the softball field, and riders can transfer to campus shuttles, which will drop off on the northwest corner of the helipad terrace. Click here for maps of the detoured routes. If you have any questions regarding detours or information regarding campus shuttles, contact Commuter Services at 801-581-4189. See maps below:
- The majority of the visitor pay lot between the Student Services Building and Browning Building is closed. The sidewalk on the north side of Tanner Plaza, near the Student Service Building is closed. The northeast corner entrance to the Student Services Building is also closed and will remain closed through November as the high temperature infrastructure moves through the area.
- The U was able to add increased UTA service between Summit County and Salt Lake City on the PC-SLC Connect.
Find the schedule here.
- The entrances and exits on the south side of the West Parking Garage will be closed as the access roads to the garage are widened; all traffic in and out of the garage will have to access the building at the top floor entryway near the hospital loading dock at the north end of 1900 East. Effective mid-May, the top entrance of the garage (at the north end of 1900 East) will be closed for approximately two years and the south entrances will reopen.
- Installation of IT lines are underway around the Health Sciences Campus and will be blocking off certain parking areas throughout the next few months. No more than 25 parking stalls will be closed at a time.
- Surrounding areas of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade periodically throughout the duration of the project. This area will reopen June 2018.
- As a result of construction of the new Ambulatory Care Center, the parking garage to the east of Moran will have limited access. Ramp widening is underway on the west terrace.
Vehicular access to the west terrace from the two south ramps will remain open until this time.
- The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the summer of 2018 and will be ready for fall semester.
- Work is underway on the high temperature water infrastructure upgrade that will be a disruptive, though rather contained, effort currently in progress on the north side of BUC and the Business School. Sidewalks will be intermittently closed, at all times at least one sidewalk, often multiple sidewalks, will remain open for pedestrian access.
- Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
- Renovations at the Crocker Science Center on President’s Circle continue to progress. The center will be open in December 2017.
See the construction impact map below.