- Just in time for last week’s football game, UDOT opened all closures around Foothill Drive. After Labor Day weekend, daily lane closures will occur as construction crews complete outstanding tasks. The following are now open:
- I-80 eastbound to northbound Foothill Drive (Exit 129)
- Parleys Way (all directions)
- Foothill Drive southbound to I-215
- If you have questions, comments or concerns, please call 888-342-1555 or email email@example.com.
- Parking impacts will be happening in the following lots as crews work in them:
- Sept. 8-12, 2017: South Campus Housing parking lot
- Through Oct. 1, 2017: OSH/Gardner parking lot
- We have weekday home football games scheduled this year on Friday, Nov. 3, at 7:30 p.m. against UCLA. We encourage you to take TRAX or consider other means of transportation on that day. If you do drive, please consider an alternate route that avoids the south end of campus. View the parking map here for information about closures of lots on the south end of campus and parking alternatives. Please contact Commuter Services at 801-581-6415 with any questions.
- One of the many new and exciting features of the new Gardner Building is the integration of a geothermal heating and cooling system. Work to develop the system will begin in an area to the east of the Sill Center. Some fencing and work will stretch from between the Sill Center and Tanner Humanities moving toward the Gardner construction site. This work began on Aug. 14 and will conclude at the end of fall semester.
- A new roof is underway at the Student Services Building. Fencing and covered walkways will appear along the east side of the Student Services Building. This project will be complete in September.
- The Campus Store pay lot will be converted to a kiosk lot. With the successes of the new parking system over the past two years, lots like the Business loop, Union pay lots were converted from the outdated model of pay lots. There will be three main changes as a result of the new kiosk system:
- There will no longer be spitter tickets or pay lot attendants, rather customers will purchase their desired time through the kiosk using their license plate and credit card.
- Sticker validations will no longer be valid in any visitor lot. Instead, departments may purchase “coupon codes” for their visitors.
- The Campus Store will still provide validations for patrons. Parking fees must be paid in advance at the kiosks, a printed receipt must be taken into the store, and one hour of the parking fee will be reimbursed at the time of purchase.
Vehicles parked in a pay lot with no valid form of payment will be ticketed.
The new kiosks will be installed and operational on Aug. 14, 2017.
Read more about the changes here.
- From mid-August to mid-October, a gas line replacement along the east bench of the medical campus will impact parking lots 66, 67 and 75. This area is to the north east of the Red Butte Amphitheater ticket area and entrance. See map below.
- Through Sept. 17, there will be no UTA or campus shuttle bus service to the entrance of University Hospital. UTA routes will end on Wasatch Drive, near the softball field, and riders can transfer to campus shuttles, which will drop off on the northwest corner of the helipad terrace. Click here for maps of the detoured routes. If you have any questions regarding detours or information regarding campus shuttles, contact Commuter Services at 801-581-4189. See maps below:
- The majority of the visitor pay lot between the Student Services Building and Browning Building is closed. The sidewalk on the north side of Tanner Plaza, near the Student Service Building is closed. The northeast corner entrance to the Student Services Building is also closed and will remain closed through November as the high temperature infrastructure moves through the area.
- The U was able to add increased UTA service between Summit County and Salt Lake City on the PC-SLC Connect.
Find the schedule here.
- The entrances and exits on the south side of the West Parking Garage will be closed as the access roads to the garage are widened; all traffic in and out of the garage will have to access the building at the top floor entryway near the hospital loading dock at the north end of 1900 East. Effective mid-May, the top entrance of the garage (at the north end of 1900 East) will be closed for approximately two years and the south entrances will reopen.
- Installation of IT lines are underway around the Health Sciences Campus and will be blocking off certain parking areas throughout the next few months. No more than 25 parking stalls will be closed at a time.
- The area surrounding northwest side of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade. This area will reopen June 2018.
- As a result of construction of the new Ambulatory Care Center, the parking garage to the east of Moran will have limited access. Ramp widening is underway on the west terrace.
Vehicular access to the west terrace from the two south ramps will remain open until this time.
- Areas in lot 39 will be closed off for the installation of poles for new camera systems.
- The Marriott Library HVAC control is being upgraded. A portion of the parking lot will be fenced off for contractor to park their trucks and store materials. This project is continuing into the summer 2017.
- The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the fall of 2018.
- Work is being done on the chiller line between the Fletcher and South physics buildings. ADA access will be provided but there will be no access to the construction area. This is expected to be completed in spring 2017.
- Work is underway on the high temperature water infrastructure upgrade that will be a disruptive, though rather contained, effort currently in progress on the north side of BUC and the Business School. Sidewalks will be intermittently closed, at all times at least one sidewalk, often multiple sidewalks, will remain open for pedestrian access.
- Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
- The Alumni House is under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. Expected to be complete in winter 2017.
- Renovations at the Crocker Science Center on President’s Circle continue to progress. The center will be open in December 2017.
See the construction impact map below.