- Construction will make travel in the Foothill area challenging this summer. UDOT continues repairing bridges in the Foothill Drive and Parleys Canyon area along I-80 and I-215. The construction work on these bridge decks and substructures requires lane closures and detours. Read closures and see maps here. You can use UDOT’s Traffic website or download the mobile Traffic App to be an informed motorist and stay current on road conditions, incidents and construction updates.
- Parts of Fort Douglas Blvd. will be under construction throughout the summer for repaving. The construction will start at the north end of Fort Douglas Blvd. and continue south to building 676, Fort Douglas Residential Living.
- Officer’s Circle will be closed in the next couple of weeks
- Connor Road will be closed the end of July through the first part of August.
- Through Sept. 17, there will be no UTA or campus shuttle bus service to the entrance of University Hospital. UTA routes will end on Wasatch Drive, near the softball field, and riders can transfer to campus shuttles, which will drop off on the northwest corner of the helipad terrace. Click here for maps of the detoured routes. If you have any questions regarding detours or information regarding campus shuttles, contact Commuter Services at 801-581-4189.See maps below:
- UDOT will perform resurfacing maintenance work on I-80 from 1300 East to Foothill Drive. Construction has begun and will last through September. This project will prolong the life of the roadway and provide a smoother ride for drivers.
- All lanes will be open during daytime hours Monday through Friday. During overnight hours and on weekends, lane closures will be in place and drivers should expect moderate delays. Motorists should also expect occasional ramp closures at night during construction.
- The majority of the visitor pay lot between the Student Services Building and Browning Building is closed. The sidewalk on the north side of Tanner Plaza, near the Student Service Building is closed. The northeast corner entrance to the Student Services Building is also closed and will remain closed through mid-September as the high temperature infrastructure moves through the area.
- The U was able to add increased UTA service between Summit County and Salt Lake City on the PC-SLC Connect.
Find the schedule here.
- The entrances and exits on the south side of the West Parking Garage will be closed as the access roads to the garage are widened; all traffic in and out of the garage will have to access the building at the top floor entryway near the hospital loading dock at the north end of 1900 East. Effective mid-May, the top entrance of the garage (at the north end of 1900 East) will be closed for approximately two years and the south entrances will reopen.
- Installation of IT lines are underway around the Health Sciences Campus and will be blocking off certain parking areas throughout the next few months. No more than 25 parking stalls will be closed at a time.
- The area surrounding northwest side of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade. This area will reopen June 2018.
- For the next phase of the Ambulatory Care Center project construction, ramp widening on the west terrace began on April 3.
Vehicular access to the west terrace from the two south ramps will remain open until this time.
- Hospital on-demand shuttle is now available from 6 a.m. to midnight. For more information, to view current shuttle routes or to request a pick-up, visit uofubus.com.
- Areas in lot 39 will be closed off for the installation of poles for new camera systems.
- The Marriott Library HVAC control is being upgraded. A portion of the parking lot will be fenced off for contractor to park their trucks and store materials. This project is continuing into the summer 2017.
- The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the fall of 2018.
- Work is being done on the chiller line between the Fletcher and South physics buildings. ADA access will be provided but there will be no access to the construction area. This is expected to be completed in spring 2017.
- Work is underway on the high temperature water infrastructure upgrade that will be a disruptive, though rather contained, effort currently in progress on the north side of BUC and the Business School. Sidewalks will be intermittently closed, at all times at least one sidewalk, often multiple sidewalks, will remain open for pedestrian access.
- Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
- The Alumni House is under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. Expected to be complete in winter 2017.
- Renovations at the Crocker Science Center on President’s Circle continue to progress. The center will be open in late fall of 2017.
See the construction impact map below.