UDOT will be repairing bridges in the Foothill Drive/Parley’s Canyon area along I-80 and I-215 beginning Monday, May 8, 2017.
The following areas will be affected by the construction:
- The ramp from westbound I-80 to northbound Foothill Drive/Parley’s Way will be closed from Monday, May 8, through mid-July.
- The loop ramp from eastbound I-80 to northbound Foothill Drive will be closed beginning May 8, through mid-September.
- Access to northbound Foothill Drive from I-215 will be reduced to one lane beginning May 8. Expect delays and follow the detour route:
- Exit I-80 to southbound I-215.
- Continue south to exit at 3300 South.
- Proceed left over the freeway and take the I-215 northbound.
- Access Foothill Drive from I-215 northbound.
Read more here.
- From May 12–16, and again from May 23–25, the area noted in the image below will be closed to pedestrian access while a crane is used to remove items from the lower level of the Marriott Library in preparation for a sculpture garden.
- The entrances and exits on the south side of the West Parking Garage will be closed as the access roads to the garage are widened; all traffic in and out of the garage will have to access the building at the top floor entryway near the hospital loading dock at the north end of 1900 East. Effective mid May, the top entrance of the garage (at the north end of 1900 East) will be closed for approximately two years and the south entrances will reopen.
- Installation of IT lines are underway around the Health Sciences Campus and will be blocking off certain parking areas throughout the next few months. No more than 25 parking stalls will be closed at a time.
- The area surrounding northwest side of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade. This area will reopen June 2018.
- Construction has begun at the University Campus Store’s north entrance where a new stairway will be added to connect the store entrance and patio with the sidewalk above. The project is set for completion at the beginning of May 2017, prior to university commencement. During construction, the north entrance will only be accessible via the eastern stairs; the ramp on the northern side will be blocked. ADA access will remain at the store’s south entrance. See image to the right and read the full story here.
- For the next phase of the Ambulatory Care Center project construction, ramp widening on the west terrace began on April 3.
Vehicular access to the west terrace from the two south ramps will remain open until this time.
- Hospital on-demand shuttle is now available from 6 a.m. to midnight. For more information, to view current shuttle routes or to request a pick-up, visit uofubus.com.
- Areas in lot 39 will be closed off for the installation of poles for new camera systems.
- From March 1-May 1, 2017, the entrances/exits on the south side of the West Parking Garage will be closed as the access roads to the garage are widened. All traffic in and out of the garage will have to access the building at the top floor entryway near the hospital loading dock at the north end of 1900 East. Starting May 1, the top entrance of the garage (at the north end of 1900 East) will be closed for approximately two years. All vehicles using the garage will have to enter and exit on the south side of the building. This access way is on the south side of the Moran Eye Center. Due to the height limitations of these two entry points, no tall vehicles will be able to use the garage for approximately two years.
- The southeast side of the Social and Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for the contractor to use for the storage of materials. The area will reopen at the end of the semester.
- The Marriott Library HVAC control is being upgraded. A portion of the parking lot will be fenced off for contractor to park their trucks and store materials. This project is continuing into the summer 2017.
- The demoliton of Milton Bennion Hall is complete. Site preparation for the Executive Education Building is underway in that site.
- Work is being done on the chiller line between the Fletcher and South physics buildings. ADA access will be provided but there will be no access to the construction area. This is expected to be completed in spring 2017.
- Work is underway on the high temperature water infrastructure upgrade that will be a disruptive, though rather contained, effort beginning in between the Union and the Student Services Building. There is also work occurring along the Gardner, formerly OSH site, and a new section of trench north of BUC and the Business School. Sidewalks will be intermittently closed, at all times at least one sidewalk, often multiple sidewalks, will remain open for pedestrian access. See map below.
- Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
- The Alumni House is under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. Expected to be complete in fall 2017.
- Renovations at the Crocker Science Center on President’s Circle continue to progress. The center will be open in the fall of 2017.
- Construction of the Ski Team Building is underway on the north west corner of the McCarthy Track and Field. This building will be open in late summer 2017.
See the construction impact map below.