- Wasatch Drive will be closed by the University Police Department starting at 1 a.m. Saturday, April 22, in preparation for the Salt Lake City Marathon, which begins on campus. The road should be reopened by 8 a.m. Eccles Broadcast Center employees needing to access the building during this closure should enter from Mario Capecchi at the south end of Wasatch Drive, where with your employee badge UPD will allow you access to park near the building. Hospital employees should expect intermittent closures of 100 South between 6-8 a.m. Mario Capecchi will remain open as a viable and encouraged alternative. Any ambulance traffic should seek alternative access to the hospital.
There is some amplified sound that will occur early in the morning.
Marathon participants have been encouraged to take TRAX to the start line and extra trains will be running. Some VIP and bike tour parking will occur on campus in nearby lots. Additional information about the marathon, including course maps and approximate road closure times, can be found here.
- Installation of IT lines are underway around the Health Sciences Campus and will be blocking off certain parking areas throughout the next few months. No more than 25 parking stalls will be closed at a time.
- The area surrounding northwest side of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade. This area will reopen June 2018.
- Construction has begun at the University Campus Store’s north entrance where a new stairway will be added to connect the store entrance and patio with the sidewalk above. The project is set for completion at the beginning of May 2017, prior to university commencement. During construction, the north entrance will only be accessible via the eastern stairs; the ramp on the northern side will be blocked. ADA access will remain at the store’s south entrance.See image to the right and read the full story here.
- For the next phase of the Ambulatory Care Center project construction, ramp widening on the west terrace began on April 3.
Vehicular access to the west terrace from the two south ramps will remain open until this time.
- Hospital on-demand shuttle is now available from 6 a.m. to midnight. For more information, to view current shuttle routes or to request a pick-up, visit uofubus.com.
Areas in lot 39 will be closed off for the installation of poles for new camera systems.
- From March 1-May 1, 2017, the entrances/exits on the south side of the West Parking Garage will be closed as the access roads to the garage are widened. All traffic in and out of the garage will have to access the building at the top floor entryway near the hospital loading dock at the north end of 1900 East. Starting May 1, the top entrance of the garage (at the north end of 1900 East) will be closed for approximately two years. All vehicles using the garage will have to enter and exit on the south side of the building. This access way is on the south side of the Moran Eye Center. Due to the height limitations of these two entry points, no tall vehicles will be able to use the garage for approximately two years.
- The southeast side of the Social and Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for the contractor to use for the storage of materials. The area will reopen at the end of the semester.
- The Marriott Library HVAC control is being upgraded. A portion of the parking lot will be fenced off for contractor to park their trucks and store materials. This project is continuing into the summer 2017.
- The demoliton of Milton Bennion Hall is underway.
- Work is being done on the chiller line between the Fletcher and South physics buildings. ADA access will be provided but there will be no access to the construction area. This is expected to be completed in spring 2017.
- Work is underway on the high temperature water infrastructure upgrade that will be a disruptive, though rather contained, effort beginning in between the Union and the Student Services Building. There is also work occurring along the Gardner, formerly OSH site, and a new section of trench north of BUC and the Business School. Pipe arrived on Jan. 10, and work to complete the first phase of this project between the Student Services Building and the Union is underway. Sidewalks will be intermittently closed, at all times at least one sidewalk, often multiple sidewalks, will remain open for pedestrian access. See map below.
- The area shown on the map below is closed. The closure is for the expansion of the VA parking garage and will remain closed until August 2017.
- The fence at OSH will expand to the shape it will take for the duration of this school year. An accessible temporary sidewalk will go in between OSH and LNCO on the south west side of Central Campus Drive. See map to the right.
- Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
- The Alumni House is under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. Expected to be complete August 2017.
- The Huntsman Cancer Institute is under renovation to add additional facilities and research spaces. The project is scheduled for completion in April 2017.
- Renovations at the Crocker Science Center on President’s Circle continue to progress. The center will be open in the fall of 2017.
- Construction of the Ski Team Building is underway on the north west corner of the McCarthy Track and Field. This building will be open in late summer 2017.
See the construction impact map below.