- Hospital on-demand shuttle is now available from 6 a.m. to midnight. For more information, to view current shuttle routes or to request a pick-up, visit uofubus.com.
- Shoreline Ridge Garage opened March 16, 2017.
Areas in lot 39 will be closed off for the installation of poles for new camera systems.
- From March 1-May 1, 2017, the entrances/exits on the south side of the West Parking Garage will be closed as the access roads to the garage are widened. All traffic in and out of the garage will have to access the building at the top floor entryway near the hospital loading dock at the north end of 1900 East. Starting May 1, the top entrance of the garage (at the north end of 1900 East) will be closed for approximately two years. All vehicles using the garage will have to enter and exit on the south side of the building. This access way is on the south side of the Moran Eye Center. Due to the height limitations of these two entry points, no tall vehicles will be able to use the garage for approximately two years.
- Renovations have begun on the field house racquetball courts. The southwest side of the building is closed off and being used to store project materials. It will remain fenced off until March 2017.
- The southeast side of the Social and Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for the contractor to use for the storage of materials. The area will reopen at the end of the semester.
- Preparation for the demolition of Milton Bennion Hall is underway. We’d love to hear any stories or memories you’ve got. Please follow this link to the Facilities Facebook page to share.
- The Marriott Library HVAC control is being upgraded. A portion of the parking lot will be fenced off for contractor to park their trucks and store materials. This project is continuing into the summer 2017.
- Work to prepare Milton Bennion Hall for demolition is underway. MBH is currently fenced off and interior preparation work is in progress.
- Work is being done on the chiller line between the Fletcher and South physics buildings. ADA access will be provided but there will be no access to the construction area. This is expected to be completed in spring 2017.
- Work is underway on the high temperature water infrastructure upgrade that will be a disruptive, though rather contained, effort beginning in between the Union and the Student Services Building. There is also work occurring along the Gardner, formerly OSH site, and a new section of trench north of BUC and the Business School. Pipe arrived on Jan. 10, and work to complete the first phase of this project between the Student Services Building and the Union is underway. Sidewalks will be intermittently closed, at all times at least one sidewalk, often multiple sidewalks, will remain open for pedestrian access. See map below.
- The area shown on the map below is closed. The closure is for the expansion of the VA parking garage and will remain closed until August 2017.
- The fence at OSH will expand to the shape it will take for the duration of this school year. An accessible temporary sidewalk will go in between OSH and LNCO on the south west side of Central Campus Drive. See map to the right.
- Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
- The Alumni House is under renovation. Expect noise and dust disturbance impacting some pedestrian paths. Expected to be complete August 2017.
- The Huntsman Cancer Institute is under renovation to add additional facilities and research spaces. The project is scheduled for completion in April 2017.
- Renovations at the Crocker Science Center on President’s Circle continue to progress. The center will be open in the fall of 2017.
- Construction of the Ski Team Building is underway on the north west corner of the McCarthy Track and Field. This building will be open in late summer 2017.
See the construction impact map below.