- NORTH CAMPUS DRIVE/SOUTH CAMPUS DRIVE/MARIO CAPECCHI DRIVE: Paving on Mario Capecchi, North and South Campus Drives is complete. Crews completed the soft sport repair on North Campus near Wasatch Drive and finished the patch over the area where a water line broke as well.
- North Campus Drive: The speed limit on North Campus Drive is back to 25 mph. Crews will be grinding for pavement markings on Thursday night. Expect one lane closure in each direction as equipment moves along the road. All lanes open during the day.
- South Campus Drive: Crews will be raising utilities, starting westbound from Mario Capecchi Drive to University Street. Expect one lane closure in each direction as crews perform the work. Expect delays or use alternate routes if you require access to parking lots west of the roundabout. This work takes place between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Mario Capecchi Drive: All lanes are open.
- WASATCH DRIVE AND MARIO CAPECCHI INTERSECTION CLOSURE: The intersection between Wasatch Dr. and Mario Capecchi is closed completely through Aug. 15, 2018. The closures has been extended due to unforeseen conditions encountered during the asphalt removal and utility relocation.
The Wasatch Express will detour straight to the Ambulatory parking garage using North Campus Drive. If you have any questions about the Wasatch Express or if you would like additional information on campus transportation, contact U Commuter Services at 801-581-4189.
See maps below showing an updated traffic plan for both night and day traffic circulation patterns with access to McCarthey Field Parking and Student Life Way and for the Wasatch Express route.
- WASATCH DR. ROAD UPGRADES:
- Traffic and parking around McCarthey Family Track & Field, Eccles Student Life Center and Lassonde will be impacted.
- Wasatch Dr. will be down to one lane allowing traffic to flow northbound from Mario Capecchi to Dumke Softball Stadium. After Dumke, north and southbound traffic will be open.
- No access to Student Life Way will be available. Access the Student Life Center and Lassonde using the route between McCarthey Family Track & Field and Dumke Softball Stadium.
- Please note: left-hand turns will NOT be permitted into Student Life Center from Mario Capecchi. Please use the alternate route.
- Road upgrades will occur through summer 2018 and are expected to reopen in August 2018, when the project will move into another phase.
- The 45-degree angle parking stalls on Wasatch Drive may be affected in order to allow for additional lanes of traffic to flow. People are being redirected to park in the lot directly west (lot 24).
- WASATCH EAST PARKING LOT: The north portion of the Eccles Broadcast Center parking lot expansion has been established. The disk Golf field will be turned into a new parking lot which will provide over 400 new stalls. The construction is to go through the remained of summer and into the fall 2018 semester.
- EXECUTIVE EDUCATION BUILDING: The Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is in its final stages of construction. The new building will include: offices, break rooms, conference rooms, online studios, career centers, IT labs, help desks and more. Click here for more information.
- SIDEWALK IMPACTS NEAR HPER EAST AND HUNTSMAN BASKETBALL FACILITY: Phase IIB of the South Campus Housing Utility relocation has started. The fencing will be moved to the northeast side of Honors Housing parking lot and will cover the entire east side of the lot. This closure will affect southeast parking stalls of the Honors Housing parking lot, as well as move into the northeast portion of the parking lot and sidewalks. Please use alternate routes as indicated by signage. This will reopen in late August of 2018.
- SOUTH CAMPUS HOUSING UTILITY RELOCATION (PHASE III): The South Campus housing utility relocation has moved into a third phase. Partial sidewalk and parking lot closure. Follow the detour signs. This is expected to last until Aug. 15, 2018.
- STORM WATER RETENTION DRAINAGE: The road above HPER mall will be closed through Aug. 15, 2018. Access to the parking lot will be through north side of McCarthy Field.
- HTW COMPLETION: High Temp Water Pipeline replacement completion will be occurring campus wide with sections being fenced off throughout mid-October 2018.
- STORMWATER DRAIN PLAYFIELD CONSTRUCTION: The grass field between the McCarthey Family Track & Field and Lassonde Studios is undergoing construction to install a storm water drain. This project is expected to last two years and be complete August 2019. Access to this area will be closed for the duration of the project.
- HIGH TEMPERATURE WATER LINE REPLACEMENT (STUDENT SERVICES) : The north section of the Student Services front plaza will be closed to the public through December 2018, for construction of the High Temperature Water line.
- BUSINESS LOOP ROAD CIRCULATION AND IMPROVEMENTS: Work has begun along Central Campus Drive to convert a portion of the road into a pedestrian plaza. The works will resolve active transit and ADA paths of travel. Work will continue throughout the summer and be ready for fall 2018.
- STUDENT SERVICES DECK: The deck on the east side of the Student Services building is being replaced. Access through the northeast and East doors (main doors) will be closed. Please access this building from the Southeast or West side doors. The construction will last through the summer and reopen in time for fall semester.
- LNCO Circulation Improvements: Construction began early May 2018 to address inadequate pedestrian, bike and ADA access to the humanities part of campus. The circulation improvements aim to create a safe and pleasing pathway from student house to the east through the various academic and student facilities. Work will go throughout the summer and open mid-August 2018 in time for fall semester. The electric shuttle will not run during the summer semester due to this construction. See the impact to the right.
- FIELD ABOVE WASATCH DRIVE: The field above Wasatch Drive is being transformed into a parking lot. Expect noise and dust disturbances throughout the duration of the project. Expected completion date is Aug. 31, 2018.
- FIELD HOUSE CHILLER PLANT: Construction and closures occurring in and around the field house for capital improvements will be completed by mid-August 2018.
- WEST MEDICAL GARAGE CONSTRUCTION: The West Medical Garage (between the Moran Eye Center and the Ambulatory Care Complex construction) will only have access via the two widened ramps on the south side of the garage. The east side ramp will remain closed until ACC construction is completed in 2019.
See the construction impact map below.