- NORTH CAMPUS DRIVE: Construction to begin on North Campus Drive on Sunday, July 1. This work will result in an edge drop-off for the inside traffic lanes. Expect very loud noise during the island removal operation and speed will be reduced to 15 miles per hour. Work will occur the evenings of July 1, 2, 5, and 6. No construction will take place the nights of July 3 and 4.Updates from UDOT are also available by calling 1-888-556-0232 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more information.
WASATCH DR. ROUNDABOUT: Wasatch Dr. Phase I will be starting soon after July 4. Wasatch Dr. will remain open to through traffic, however, the 45-degree angle parking stalls may be affected in order to allow for additional lanes of traffic to flow. People are being redirected to park in the lot directly west (lot 24).
- WASATCH EAST PARKING LOT: The north portion of the Eccles Broadcast Center parking lot expansion has been postponed. The east portion of the lot will still provide an additional 260 stalls once the project begins.
- SOUTH CAMPUS DRIVE: Pavement maintenance on South Campus Drive continues. Be aware of lane shifts. Expect noise, dust, vibration and heavy equipment near the roadway. At least one lane in each direction will be open between 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Expect single direction closures between 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Updates from UDOT are available by calling 1-888-556-0232 or emailing email@example.com. Those updates will also be posted on Twitter @uofutraffic and online on @theU. Twitter users can receive text message updates on the project by texting “Follow @uofutraffic” to 40404. Visit the UDOT construction project page for more information.
- MARIO CAPECCHI DRIVE: Paving and striping are complete and Mario Capecchi is fully open through mid-July, before crews come back to complete utility work. Updates on construction will be available as this works gets closer. Updates from UDOT are also available by calling 1-888-556-0232 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Those updates will also be posted on Twitter @uofutraffic and online on @theU. Twitter users can receive text message updates on the project by texting “Follow @uofutraffic” to 40404. Visit the UDOT construction project page for more information.
- MARIO CAPECCHI SIDEWALK: The east side of Mario Capecchi Drive will be constructed from June to September 2018 to construct a sidewalk along the road. The project is expected to be complete at the end of September 2018.
- WASATCH DRIVE PEDESTRIAN PATHWAY UPGRADE: Wasatch Drive pedestrian pathway is being upgraded. One lane will remain open during this project, which will be completed by Aug. 15, 2018.
SOUTH CAMPUS HOUSING UTILITY RELOCATION (PHASE III): The South Campus housing utility relocation has moved into a third phase. Partial sidewalk and parking lot closure. Follow the detour signs. This is expected to last until August 15, 2018.
STORM WATER RETENTION DRAINAGE: The road above HPER mall will be closed through Aug. 15, 2018. Access to the parking lot will be through north side of McCarthy Field.
- HTW COMPLETION: High Temp Water Pipeline replacement completion will be occurring campus wide with sections being fenced off throughout mid-October 2018.
- HUMANITIES AND LNCO SIDEWALK: The sidewalk between the humanities building and LNCO will be closed starting in June for one month in conjunction with the capital improvements north of LNCO.
- STUDENT LIFE TRAX BORE: The southeast corner of the Eccles Student Life Center parking lot is being used as a staging area for a TRAX bore. Deliveries will be received and stored on the northeast corner of the building. Pedestrians should use the alternate route indicated.
- WEB/MCE/HEDCO ASPHALT REPAIRS: Asphalt repair is being done in the front parking lot between WEB, MCE and Hedco. Minor disruptions will occur. This project is expected to be complete July 1, 2018.
- STORMWATER DRAIN PLAYFIELD CONSTRUCTION: The grass field between the McCarthey Family Track & Field and Lassonde Studios is undergoing construction to install a storm water drain. This project is expected to last two years and be complete August 2019. Access to this area will be closed for the duration of the project.
- CAMPUS WIDE LIGHTING UPGRADE: Various minor sidewalk disruptions will occur throughout campus from now until the end of July 2018, for campus-wide sidewalk lighting upgrades and installations.
- HIGH TEMPERATURE WATER LINE REPLACEMENT (STUDENT SERVICES) : The north section of the Student Services front plaza will be closed to the public through December 2018, for construction of the High Temperature Water line.
- BEH S SEISMIC UPGRADE: Surrounding areas of the Social & Behavioral Science building will be fenced off for a seismic upgrade periodically throughout the duration of the project. This area will reopen July 17, 2018.
- SIDEWALK IMPACTS NEAR HPER EAST AND HUNTSMAN BASKETBALL FACILITY: Phase IIA of the South Campus Housing Utility relocation began June 1, 2018. The initial fence along the sidewalk between Hyper East and Student life Center/the soccer field will be taken down. Fencing will be put up around the southwest side of the Honors housing parking lot. Phase 11B is expected to begin mid-July 2018 where the remainder of the fence along the east side of the honor housing lot will be put up. No access in the gated area is permitted. Pedestrians should navigate around these fences and use alternative routes as designated by signage.
- EAST MEDICAL DRIVE ROAD: The road repaving project is complete along East medical Drive between the School of Medicine and HCI Research South. Traffic is limited to one lane with an alternating traffic light to allow flow of traffic both directions.
- BUSINESS LOOP ROAD CIRCULATION AND IMPROVEMENTS: Work has begun along Central Campus Drive to convert a portion of the road into a pedestrian plaza. The works will resolve active transit and ADA paths of travel. Work will continue throughout the summer and be ready for fall 2018.
- STUDENT SERVICES DECK: The deck on the east side of the Student Services building is being replaced. Access through the northeast and East doors (main doors) will be closed. Please access this building from the Southeast or West side doors. The construction will last through the summer and reopen in time for fall semester.
- HPER NORTH CONSTRUCTION: Construction surrounding HPER North has begun and will last throughout the summer 2018. The building is getting new exterior windows installed. Minor disruptions may occur.
- LNCO Circulation Improvements: Construction began early May to address inadequate pedestrian, bike and ADA access to the humanities part of campus. The circulation improvements aim to create a safe and pleasing pathway from student house to the east through the various academic and student facilities. Work will go throughout the summer and open mid-August 2018 in time for fall semester. The electric shuttle will not run during the summer semester due to this construction. See the impact to the right.
- HUNTSMAN CENTER EAST SIDEWALK DISRUPTION: The sidewalk east of the Huntsman Center will have minor disruptions for a sidewalk lighting upgrade. The project will go until the end of July 2018.
- FIELD ABOVE WASATCH DRIVE: The field above Wasatch Drive is being transformed into a parking lot. Expect noise and dust disturbances throughout the duration of the project. Expected completion date is Aug. 31, 2018.
- FIELD HOUSE CHILLER PLANT: Construction and closures occurring in and around the field house for capital improvements will be completed by mid-August 2018.
- CRCC, ART, & ARCH. HIGH TEMP: High temperature water line replacement is being done on the sidewalk between CRCC, and the Art/Architecture building. Work is expected to continue through mid to late summer 2018.
- WEST MEDICAL GARAGE CONSTRUCTION: The West Medical Garage (between the Moran Eye Center and the Ambulatory Care Complex construction) will only have access via the two widened ramps on the south side of the garage. The east side ramp will remain closed until ACC construction is completed in 2019.
- EXECUTIVE EDUCATION BUILDING: The construction of the Executive Education Building between Sorenson Arts & Education and the Business Building (SFEBB) is underway. Construction to complete in the summer of 2018 and will be ready for fall semester.
- GARDNER BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Construction of the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Building is underway at the former site of OSH. Fencing will also remain posted around the field behind the humanities building. This project will continue through the summer of 2018.
See the construction impact map below.