The safety of our campus commuters is our top priority. We are making the following transportation-related changes in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the health of our university community.
- Parking on Campus: The Guardsman Way lot, Stadium lot, Merrill Engineering lot and Shoreline garage are now temporarily open for general parking, meaning a permit is not required. All other parking lots will continue to require a parking permit and will be enforced to ensure adequate parking for both the campus community and hospital patients and providers.
- Campus Shuttle: The Red, Blue, Orange, Purple, Green, Hospital On-Demand and Guardsman Direct routes will no longer operate until further notice. The Wasatch Express route will increase service during the peak hours of 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. The Night route will operate from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. The new and temporary Shoreline-U Hospital route will transport health care employees parking in the Shoreline garage to the University Hospital. Visit uofubus.com to track all campus shuttles live.
- In-Person Appeals: Our appeals department will no longer accept in-person appeals until further notice. Appeals may still be submitted online through our customer portal
- SafeRide: SafeRide will continue to operate Monday through Friday from 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m . Download the TapRide app to request a ride within the university boundaries.
- University Hospital Valet Parking: Valet ambassadors will no longer park patient vehicles, but will instead guide them to an empty stall. Patients arriving at the hospital will be screened in the valet area to determine if they might have COVID-19. Patients who are determined not to be at risk for the COVID-19 virus will self-park, with the guidance of a valet ambassador, in an area separatefrom the potential COVID-19 patients.
The Commuter Services office will be closed indefinitely. Please email all other urgent requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.