Phase 2 of the 1300 East Reconstruction project is scheduled to begin on Monday, May 18. Through-traffic will be closed from 1700 South to 1300 South. This closure is expected to be in place through Fall 2020.
All information can be found at the Salt Lake City construction project website.
Upcoming Work Activities:
- Monday, May 18, crews will begin lowering utilities in the roadway to prepare for asphalt removal. This process will take about two days to complete.
- Crews will then remove all of the old asphalt between 1700 South and 1300 South, which is expected to last through the weekend.
- The week of May 25, crews will begin excavation activities, including the removal of the concrete layer on the east side of the road. This process will take up to two weeks to complete. Curb and gutter will be removed at the same time as the concrete layer of the road.
- During concrete removal, residents may experience increased vibrations due to construction equipment. To avoid damages to personal property, please remove fragile/breakable things from walls and horizontal surfaces during construction.
- Storm drain installation is expected to start early June.
*Schedule is subject to change due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.